The Pantry is open for distribution every Saturday morning from 9:00 to 11:30 am. We give food to between 50 and 100 families each week. Families recieving food can come one time a month.
>Sign up to help on the February Schedule
>Sign up to help on the March Schedule
The Food Pantry opened its doors on March 17, 2007 and has been in continuous operation since then. We are members of the Capital Area Food Bank and are able to purchase food there at lower prices. We also pick up food 7 days a week from local grocery stores.
The Pantry is open every Saturday morning from 9:00 to 11:30 am. We give food to between 50 and 100 families each week. Families can come once per month. We give canned goods, cereal, pasta, rice etc., as well as fresh produce, some deli items and meat.
The Food Pantry needs help every day of the week. If you are interested in volunteering, we always need help in the following areas:
- Pick up food from grocery stores: Pick ups are in the morning, usually between 8:00 and 10:00 am depending upon the store. We pick up seven days per week.
- Work in the pantry putting away what we have picked up, shelving food, "bagging food" purchased in bulk, cleaning, etc. Monday through Friday, usually 9am to 12pm.
- Assist with food pick up at Lorton on Thursday morning. We need people with pickup trucks or vans to assist with picking up the groceries.
- Assist with Saturday morning food distribution. We need 15 to 17 people each week:
- Four to five people at the Old Church Building. We have three to four additional volunteers at the church who also receive food from the pantry. At the old church, we need at least one person who speaks Spanish and two computer volunteers.
- 11 to 12 down at the "shed" to pack up the food and give it to the people.
The Food Pantry is a member of the Capital Area Foodbank.