The safety of your child is a priority at Sunbeam Children's Center. Listed are some ways we ensure a safe and secure environment for your child.
- Center is equipped with an electronic access entry system. Only authorized staff and families may enter using their personal access number.
- Center is equipped with close-circuit security cameras that monitor the entrance, hallways and stairwells.
- Center is equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Safety gates and cap electrical outlets are used.
- All classroom doors can be locked from the inside.
- No child is released to anyone without written authorization from the parent/guardian and proper identification.
- A fingerprint based national criminal history search and sex offender check as well as a Central Registry Search for Child Abuse/Neglect are conducted on all employees.
- Enclosed by secure fences.
- All fall zones and landing areas are covered with mulch (licensed/state mandated amount)
- Two separate play areas with age appropriate equipment and age separation
- SCC has an emergency preparedness plan in place for severe weather, fire, lockdown conditions, and other disaster situations. An emergency evacuation plan is in place.